Monday, May 26, 2008

When The Night Changes

From a photo I took at Manito Park. This isn't a spontaneous painting. I took the image from one of my photos. Many artists paint from photos, some paint photorealizm, others tweat the composition and lighting. I like to use a photo for a jumping off place. The spontaeous paintings seem more powerful and alive to me. They seem to be sending me information and energy. That sounds a little wooey, but this painting seems a little. I've included it because I'm working on being non-critical to my creations. I think this opens the door for more. If I criticise what I do and it is leading to something stupendous, I've slammed the door in my own face. Like in writing practice, just get down the first thought or image or impulse from the bottom of your mind. That's all there is too it.

No comments:

Google