Saturday, April 26, 2008

Number 23

This was the first shadow box I made. It includes a jaw bone from a small animal, a small bird's egg shell, buttons, ceramic bits from Italy, a birds wind, a key, a marble, and beads. This shadow box has significance for me, being that 23 adds up to 5--which is my birth number--if you've ever ventured into numerology, you'll see that numbers have meaning. This means that I'm to be a teacher--oddly enough--I am a teacher. The goddess is a symbol of my need for self expression as a female. I've been wounded around my femininity, as have so many other women. Supporting myself with loving kindness is the answer to rebuilding inner strength and a belief in oneself. Also doing art is a healing process, so I always allow myself the freedom to create.

No comments:

Google